Scientific Computing Laboratory of the Institute of Physics Belgrade organized training event for AEGIS Grid site administrators that was held on 7 March 2011 as a part of NA3 activity of EGI-InSPIRE project. AEGIS Grid site administrators, both experienced and beginners, had an opportunity to meet, exchange their knowledge and actively participate in the making of future AEGIS plans.
In the first part of the event, detailed overview of the present state of National Grid Infrastructure was given, followed by introduction to EGI Operations tools and procedures. Presentation of the new AEGIS Operations and Monitoring tools, like AEGIS Helpdesk and new AEGIS website, and AEGIS Centralized APEL service configuration overview were introduction to discussion where plans for infrastructure expansions and service upgrades were made.
Second part of the meeting included Hands-On session where administrators could install and configure a standard Grid site. Emphasis was given to new services, like CREAM CE.
- Opening - Aleksandar Belic (Institute of Physics Belgrade)
- Overview of the training - Antun Balaz (Institute of Physics Belgrade)
- AEGIS overview - Antun Balaz (Institute of Physics Belgrade)
- EGI Grid Operations tools and procedures - Vladimir Slavnic (Institute of Physics Belgrade)
- AEGIS Operations and Monitoring tools - Vladimir Slavnic (Institute of Physics Belgrade)
- AEGIS Centralized APEL service - Nikola Grkic (Institute of Physics Belgrade)
Standard Grid site installation - Hands-On Session
- User Interface (UI) - Strahinja Kustudic (Faculty of Electric Engineering, Belgrade) , Nikola Grkic (Institute of Physics Belgrade)
- CREAM CE and site BDII - Vladimir Slavnic (Institute of Physics Belgrade)
- Worker node (WN) - Marko Dimitrijevic (Faculty of Electronic Engineering, University of Nis)
- Storage Element (SE) - Milos Ivanovic (Center for Scientific Research of SASA and University of Kragujevac)
Further information are available at IPB Indico page.
15 May, 2013
SCL's research in EGI case studies
19 October, 2012
Are comets born in asteroid collisions?
19 December, 2011
SCL at 4th HPC and Grid Workshop in Iran
23 September, 2011
SCL at EGI Technical Forum 2011
25 March, 2011
EGI Hands On Training for AEGIS Users
07 March, 2011
EGI Training for AEGIS Site Administrators
25 January, 2011
AEGIS at EGI operations meeting
08 December, 2010
Short interview about the Blue Danube Facility